Monday, February 7, 2011

Snow and cold return tonight *UPDATED*

Changes have been made to snowfall forecast... totals have been upped from 3 - 6 to 4 - 8. Latest models suggest this still might be underdone... which would likely mean a warning being posted later today. Stay tuned!
The National Weather Service has issued a *winter weather advisory* for Denver and the entirety of eastern Colorado. A strong cold front associated with this next system will plow through the region sometime late this evening bringing back single digit temps and widespread snow. The NWS predicts the heaviest snow to occur between 5am and 9am Tuesday morning, just in time to make for a hellish commute. In all, Denver should end up with 4 - 8 inches of snow, with snow-favored locations to our south and west picking up 5 - 10. In addition to the snow, temperatures Tuesday are not expected to make it out of the single digits, with lows dropping well below zero Tuesday night.
Please stay tuned for any changes in the going forecast, and snowfall predictions.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Incredible wind and snow tonight!

bikerjohn said...

Had 'quite a ride' through near zero visibilities in blowing snow from Westminister to Longmong at 10pm. Took me 40min longer than normal to get to my own garage.

Roberto said...

You said my office would be closed today! Liar!

BHeb said...

I know, I blew it. I must have been caught up in the moment... snow blowing horizontally and all. I wouldn't be all that good at this if I didn't jump the gun every once and awhile, yeah?